Water-to-Go comes in two sizes – The 750ml bottle, filtering 200 litres and lasting 3 months, or for the 500ml GO! bottle lasting 130 litres or 2 months.
Filters are manufactured from a non woven media that is also called a charged layer membrane. Our filters were developed at the behest of NASA and are constructed utilizing nano technology. Nano alumina along with 33 % carbon and other filtration ingredients are utilized to bring about this amazing new patented process. The nano alumina emits a positive charge when wet and attracts the negative charged contaminants of protozoa, bacteria and virus. This revolutionary new process will make every drop of water more safe and refreshing. Finally a filter that really does what its supposed to do.
Unlike carbon block filters that lose as much as 70 percent of their area to the adhesives that hold the block together our carbon has zero adhesives holding it in place. The pore sizes of carbon block based filters are too big to stop any protozoa, bacteria or virus. Yes they filter chlorine and some heavy metals. They basically improve the taste of water without properly filtering out any of the more serious contaminants that can get into water supplies from time to time.
We have tested filters and the list of materials that Water-to-Go will ‘catch’ is a long one. Water-to-Go filters reduce the volume of contaminants in water by over 99.9%. Simply put they work!
Here is a selection of the contaminants we have tested for:
Metals & Chemicals
- Chromium, Mercury, Nickel, Copper, Iron
- Lead, Arsenic, Gold, Silver
- Volatile Organic Compounds including Formaldehyde
- Norwalk, Hepatitis A, Tota Virus, Adenoviruses, Enteroviruses,Reoviruses
- Coliform, E Coli, Cholera, Typhus
- Dysentery, Botulism, Polio, Virus Botulism
- Vibrio Disease, Campylobacteriosis
- Leptospirosis – Weils Disease
- Legionella (Legionnaires Disease and Pontiac Fever)
- Giardia lamblia
Parasites and waterborne pathogens
This list is abridged but includes some of the most recognizable and common problems.
- Fasciolopsiasis Taeniasis – Tapeworm
- Echinococcosis Ascariasis
- Coenorosis Schistosomiasis
- Cryptosporidium Tryonosoma (Sleeping Sickness)
- Threadworm Guinea Worm
- Hookworm Roundworm
- Pinworm Onchiocerca
- Fasciola Hepatica/Liver fluke
Water-to-Go filters are intended to remove contamination from water.
Filters will become inefficient if used with additives such as isotonic powders, cordials, juices etc.
Not recommended to filter urine for drinking purposes.
Don’t forget, the majority of cross infection is caused by poor personal hygiene. Wash your hands.