In the past year, Irish consumers spent over €76.5 Million on bottled water. That’s more than 152 million litres of bottled water sold in a 12-month period. It doesn’t look like we’re slowing down either. These figures show a 19% growth in just 2 years.
With the growing number of ‘Boil Notices’ across the country, it’s easy to see why people are tempted by bottled water. It’s convenient, safe and healthier than a sugary drink. Unfortunately, it’s estimated that the cost of drinking bottled water is up to 2,000 times more expensive than tap water. But the major concern is not only regarding your bank balance but it’s the detrimental effect it has on our planet.
Unless it has been incinerated, every piece of plastic still exists. It can take between 500-1000 years to degrade. For each litre, single-use bottle produced, 3 litres of water have been used in the manufacturing process. This is the same process that uses 17 million barrels of oil a year in the US.
Of the billions of water bottles consumed globally per year, only a small percentage are recycled. The rest end up in landfill or even worse, end up polluting our rivers and oceans. National Geographic estimate that 1 million sea birds and 100,000 mammals die each year by ingesting or becoming trapped in plastic waste.
For some of us, we are forced to purchase bottled water out of necessity. If the local water is not safe to drink, we are required to boil it first or to drink bottled. But for many others, it’s a lifestyle choice. Some of us may not trust our local tap water, some of us may not like the taste, some of us may be concerned about ingesting the chemicals in tap water like chlorine or fluoride and some of might just purchase bottled water because it’s the most convenient solution when you’re on the move. We have been convinced over the years by clever marketing campaigns that drinking bottled water is the only safe alternative.
Imagine having all the benefits of bottled water (the convenience, the safety, the taste) but with none of negatives (the high cost, the damaging effect it has on the planet).
A reusable water bottle allows you to fill up when you’re on-the-go. Water-to-Go takes it a step further. Housed in the neck of the BPA free bottle lives a 3in1 technology filter. This filter will take water from any non-saltwater source and turn it in to safe drinking water. It instantly removes well in excess of 99.9% of Bacteria such as cryptosporidium & e.coli, viruses, heavy metals such as lead & copper and chemicals like chlorine and fluoride. This clever filter will even eliminate the bad smell and taste leaving you with ‘better than bottled’ quality, wherever you are.
So how can this benefit you?
- If you live in an area issued with a ‘Boil Notice’ because of contamination from Lead, Cryptosporidium or E.coli, you can use a Water-to-Go bottle to drink safely from the tap (without having to boil the water first).
- If you are concerned about the levels of Chlorine and Fluoride in your tap water, Water-to-Go will remove over 99.9% of it.
- Water-to-Go dramtically improves the smell and taste of tap water.
- If you spend time outdoors, you can drink safely from untreated taps, wells, rivers and streams without having to carry water with you.
- You can save huge amounts of money. Water-to-Go delivers clean drinking water at less than 7c per litre.
- If you’re travelling abroad, you never have to be concerned about the safety of the water, no matter where you are in the world.
Using Water-to-Go filter bottles make you healthier, wealthier and help to make the world a better place.